Summer break is finally here! I’m sure most kids are jumping for joy and many families are getting ready for their vacations. Summer break is a chance for kids to relax and enjoy their time off, however studies show that children usually forget and lose what they learned the past year during summer. Why not keep their little minds stimulated whether you’re on vacation or not?
Here I have a great list of summer reading books for kids ages 7-10. This will keep them entertained when there is down time throughout the summer and keep their minds busy and stimulated. Click the title link to see what each book is about. Check them out!
1. “Like Bug Juice on a Burger,” by Julie Sternberg.
2. “How Tia Lola Saved the Summer,” by Julia Alvarez.
3. “Turtle in Paradise,” by Jennifer L. Holm.
4. “Alvin Ho, Allergic to Camping, Hiking, and other Natural Disasters,” by Lenore Look.
5. “Summer According to Humphrey,” by Betty G. Birney.
6. “Summer with Elisa,” by Johanna Hurwitz.
7. “Summer Reading is Killing Me! (Time Warp Trio no. 7),” by Jon Scieszka, Lane Smith.
8. “Justin Case: Shells, Smells, and the Horrible Flip Flops of Doom,” by Rachel Vail.
9. “Starring Grace,” by Mary Hoffman.
10. “Runaway Ralph,” by Beverly Cleary.
There you have it. 10 great books for your kids to read while on summer break. The last book (“Runaway Ralph”) was one of my favorites growing up. I hope this list helps and your kids enjoy!