Lots of people are in relationships, some for the right reasons and some unfortunately for the wrong. It’s hard to leave a relationship when you’ve been with someone for quite sometime. Sometimes it’s even hard to leave after a short period of time. Most people don’t like to be lonely, which is why we make excuses to stay in a bad relationship. It’s not fair to you or to your partner. Here are 12 signs you should look out for to move on from a failing relationship. Some may seem completely obvious, but most people choose to ignore these signs in order to make the relationship work. Think about it…
- When the relationship brings more pain than pleasure.
- When you begin to live more in the past than in the present.
- When you expect each other to change.
- When you stay in a relationship hoping the other will change.
- When you keep trying to judge your partners bad actions or behavior.
- When he/she is casting to much verbal, physical or emotional hurt.
- When the same situation or action occurs, even though you have addressed it many times before.
- When both of you or one of you doesn’t feel the same way about each other.
- When you continue the relationship expecting, hoping and thinking things will get better eventually.
- When the relationship begins to hold you back rather than helping you both grow together.
- When one or both of you puts hardly any effort or none at all into the relationship.
- When your fundamental beliefs and values are not the same.
Ending a relationship is difficult no matter how long or short. Just remember you are responsible for your own happiness.
Did any of these signs help you to get out of a failing relationship? Any other advice that helped rebuild or made ending the relationship easier? Let us know!!