Ever have late night cravings but you’re afraid to pack on the pounds? No worries. There are a few simple guilt free late night snacks that you can get away with, believe it or not. Late night eating can be caused by a lot of things. Maybe you have a late night at work, a late flight in from somewhere, or maybe you’re just hungry. Nutritionists say try to find snacks that won’t make your blood sugar spike, make you pack on the pounds, or won’t cause any cravings. Here are the 5 simple healthy late night snacks to help get rid of that late night hunger and keep you full till morning.
- Try a medium banana and 1 tablespoon of almond butter.
- Eat a medium apple with an ounce of low fat cheese. This is one of my favorite snacks, no matter what time of day.
- A small corn tortilla with a 1/4 cup of black beans can be a nice way to ease that hunger.
- Eat a cup of blueberries (a super food by the way), and 6 to 8 ounces of plain non fat yogurt.
- Last but not least, eat a cup of carrot sticks with 3 tablespoons of hummus. Another one of my favorite snacks.
It’s always good to go to bed hungry when you’re trying to lose weight, but it’s not always possible. Hopefully these guilt free snacks will help you feel a little better about late night eating. Enjoy these light but filling combos and feel good the next morning!