I’m not much of a morning person. I used to be, but unfortunately I’m not anymore. I feel like I usually wake up happy, but sometimes we all have our grumpy moments. This tends to happen more when we don’t get good sleep. By the way, I rarely get good sleep, so I’m quite happy I’m not a grump every morning.
Well, if you’re not a morning person but have to get up early, I have 5 ways for you to wake up happy. Even if you are a morning person, everyone should wake up happy!
- First off, wake up to sunshine. I know, I’m sure most of you already do this, but do you really? You need to actually wake up to sunshine pouring through your window. This helps stop melatonin which make you sleepy. A sun filled room helps your body know it’s time to wake up and start your day. If you don’t want to be woken up before your alarm or right at the crack of dawn, buy an eye mask. That way when your alarm goes off, you can open your eyes to sunlight.
- Next, don’t snooze. This I learned back in high school. I had to get up very early and snoozing always made me more tired. This was because your body knows you have to get up again very soon, so you put yourself back into restless sleep. Doing this will make you more tired than you were when your alarm first went off. So, get up the first time.
- Jam out time! Put on some good music. Put on something that is upbeat and makes you feel good. Upbeat music will help you wake up and give you energy. Try turning on music once you’re up and moving.
- Wake up and drink water. We all need a decent amount of water everyday. Drinking it right when you get up helps give you lots of energy and replenishes the water you lost during the night.
- Last, you need to power everything down before you go to bed. No TV’s, laptops, or Ipads. Nothing. Your brain can have a hard time winding down after you use them, so be sure to turn them off early.
So there you have it. If you’re a grumpy morning person, why not try these simple tips out to get your day going just a little bit better.