Who doesn’t love Starbucks? I have a drink from there almost everyday and I know many who actually do go everyday. A lot of times it is hard to go in, stand in line and not be tempted by a muffin or loaf of some sort. This can be a little tough to resist if you are on a diet. You can always try a reduced fat item to munch on, however the pastries are not the only thing you need to worry about. If you haven’t noticed, Starbucks adds the calorie content of some of the drinks on their menu board, and a lot of them are quite high. I have ten drinks from Starbucks that can help keep you from ruining all that time you’ve spent at the gym. They are all low calorie and low fat, and you can still get all the caffeine you need for all you caffeine addicts! Don’t go too far though with grande or venti sizes. The nutrition information is for the tall sizes only. Bring on the coffee!
- Nonfat Caramel Macchiato: This drink is one of my favorites and also one of the most popular drinks ordered. You can still have great flavor (for those of you that don’t like just the straight coffee taste). Get it hot or iced. This drink has 140 calories and 1 gram of fat.
- Caramel Frappuccino Light: Another awesome yummy drink. Who can resist caramel? At least with this drink you can still get the great flavor. Just be careful and don’t go overboard with the caramel sauce or whipped cream. That is my weakness. Calorie content in this drink is 130 with 0 grams of fat.
- Tazo Shaken Iced Passion Tea: This tea is great in flavor and a nice color. It has no calories or fat. But again be careful with the extra added sugar you put in. That of course increases the calorie content.
- Skinny Vanilla Latte: This in another one of my favorite pick me up drinks! Get it hot or iced. This drink has only 90 calories and 0 grams of fat.
- Soy Tazo Chai Tea Latte: This drink is great. Not too many people like Chai, but to me, the more you have it the more it grows on you. That’s what happened to me. Also getting it with Soy not only makes it healthier, it gives it a better flavor. This drink has 170 calories and 2 grams of fat. Again, try it hot or iced!
- Iced Skinny Latte: This is just like the vanilla latte but without the flavor. Just a simple shot of espresso and the nonfat milk. Watch out for the extra added sugar though! Calories in this one are only 60 with 0 grams of fat.
- Iced Coffee with Classic Syrup: Just your traditional coffee with the a few pumps of Starbucks classic syrup. The syrup adds the sweetness of sugar without all the calories. Great for all of you don’t like flavored coffee drinks. This simple drink has 60 calories and 0 grams of fat.
- Brewed Iced Tazo Tea: My sister swears by these! She needs her caffeine in the morning, but doesn’t like coffee. This is a perfect alternative. The black tea is both mine and my sister’s favorite, but you can get it in green tea as well. The green tea does have added health benefits as well. My sister and I drink ours without any added sugar and it still tastes great.
- Brewed Coffee (black): This is the cheapest option with the lowest calorie content. Just be careful when adding cream and sugar. It has 5 calories and 0 grams of fat.
- Cafe Americano: Not too many people know about this drink. It is simple and great. It’s usually just 2 shots of espresso (in a tall) and the rest of the cup is filled with hot water. It’s bit stronger but very smooth. This drink only has 10 calories and 0 grams of fat!
Hopefully all this helps with the dieters and calorie counters!