Putting lemon in your water really helps you drink much more water. Everyone knows that drinking water is good for you. You should drink at least 64 ounces of water a day. This will help keep you hydrated, and believe it or not reduce bloat and help you lose weight.
Sometimes it’s hard to drink a lot of water though as it can be very boring. Plus with so many drink choices out there, water isn’t usually our first choice. Well now it should be. Jazz it up with some fresh slices of lemon and you’re well on your way to the healthy route.
Lemons are so good and healthy for you. Drinking warm water with lemon in the morning can do it a lot of good for your body. Here are 9 beauty benefits of drinking lemon water in the morning from the wonderful people at mythirtyspot.com.
- Helps with weight loss: Drinking it first thing in the morning helps you rehydrate and also helps curb hunger cravings.
- Helps balance your PH: Maintaining an alkaline diet helps with weight loss. Drinking lemon water everyday can help reduce your body’s acidity. This is because lemons are one of the most alkaline foods. Even though lemons are acidic, once it’s metabolized it does not create acid in your body.
- Helps flush your body: As I mentioned in an earlier post (my detox water recipe), lemons help flush out toxins in your digestion. It helps regulate your digestive tract and helps your liver produce bile which is important to digestion as well. Good digestion helps prevent constipation and acid reflux.
- It’s a great diuretic: As I mentioned in the beginning, lemon water helps reduce bloat. Lemons help increase urination which keeps your urinary tract healthy (as long as you don’t hold it), and keeps the bloat down. Drinking lemon water can definitely help keep the extra bloat down that we retain during that time of month.
- Helps with anti-aging: What woman doesn’t want to keep looking young? The vitamin C in the lemons help with wrinkles and blemishes.
- It also helps with Acne: Lemon water is so great at getting rid of toxins in your body, including toxins from your blood. This helps keep your skin clear. Use a lemon to apply directly to any discoloration or scars on your skin to reduce it’s appearance. Just rub a little lemon on your spot at night and wash it off with cool water the next morning. Simple!
- Believe it or not, but lemon water helps with bad breath: Ever go back to work after lunch and don’t have gum or time to brush? Let lemon water help freshen your breath throughout the day.
- Helps reduce your stress levels: Back to the vitamin C in lemons, you lose a lot of it when you’re stressed. Drinking lemon water will help you gain it back when stress depletes your vitamin C.
- Last but not least, lemon water helps boost your immune system: As I keep mentioning, lemons are high in vitamin C which we all know is what we need to help fight colds. They also have potassium in them which helps with blood pressure and nerve function. Lastly, water helps flush everything out.
It’s amazing how something so simple can be so great for you and your entire body. Like my aunt always says “water is the fountain of youth.” It’s so true! And adding lemons to your water only benefits you more. Just simply squeeze half a lemon into 8-12 ounces of warm water and enjoy.
Drink your lemon water through a straw to help reduce the acidity on your teeth. Enjoy this refreshing start to your day!