We have a list of some of the best foods for your skin.
Every girl wants beautiful skin, but we don’t always want to go through tons of time every day just to keep it that way. Especially on late nights or long days or when we’re all in all just plain lazy.
I’m sure many of you have fallen asleep with your makeup on (which is a huge no no by the way). I’m not saying this list can let you continuously do that. Always wash your face! I’m just saying this list of the best foods for your skin makes things just a little bit easier on you. You don’t have to apply these foods anywhere on your body. Just try to incorporate them into your diet a little more often.
- The first item on the best foods for your skin is Turmeric. Turmeric is a skin protector that is made of curcurmin, which is a powerful antioxidant. It is what gives curry its yellow color and helps inhibit the growth of melanoma. (Study from Mona Gohara, Associate Clinical Professor of Dermatology at Yale School of Medicine)
- Dark Chocolate is another one of the best foods for your skin. Dark chocolate is full of flavonoids, which is an antioxidant that helps protect against UV damage. A study done by German researchers shows dark chocolate helps improve skin hydration and also increases blood flow to the skin.
- Caffeine, as many know already, is another one of the best foods for your skin. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition did a study on coffee and how it has more antioxidants than a bowl of mixed fruit. Also, caffeinated teas helped prevent sun damage on a study done on mice, whereas decaf teas did not.
- Chia seeds are in so many recipes lately. Chia seeds are a great source of protein and contain all the essential amino acids. This helps build collagen.
- Oysters are not only an aphrodisiac, but they are also a skin firmer. They are a great source of zinc, which is also a collagen booster. They also contain Vitamin A and selenium which are both great for skin tightening.
- One of my favorite ingredients, which is also one of the best foods for your skin,s is garlic. I love garlic! Garlic is full of allicin, which is a great “cleaner upper,” for your skin. It helps fight off harmful bacteria, like the ones that cause zits or acne.
- Next on the best foods for your skin is buckwheat. Buckwheat is a great skin smoother since it is high in monounsaturated fatty acids and rutin. These help make your skin more elastic.
- Another one of my favorite foods is ginger. Ginger is an anti-inflammatory root that helps soothe skin and keeps irritation and redness down. It’s definitely great for rosacea or acne prone skin.
- Last but not least on the best foods for your skin list is cabbage. Cabbage is a great “detoxer.” Alexis Wolfer, founder of, “The Beauty Bean,” has said, “It’s packed with indole-3-carbinol, a powerful antioxidant that supports liver detoxification. The more toxin-free your liver, the less breakouts you’ll get!”
Who knew keeping your skin healthy was as easy as switching up your diet. Try these 9 best foods for skin and let us know how it works out!