Need a quick and simple meal to make after work? This is a good one. It’s not always easy to come home when you’re tired and lazy from work and still need to make dinner. This meal takes about 30 minutes to make. It’s a chicken and asparagus stir fry. It’s yummy and pretty healthy. I used the light sodium soy sauce and brown rice just to help make it a little healthier. Here is the recipe for you to try! Hope you like it!
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 1-inch)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- (optional) 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Once you cut your chicken into bite sized pieces, put them in a large ziplock bag along with the soy sauce and honey. Let that marinate in the fridge.
- While the chicken is marinating, heat some oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the asparagus until cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set the asparagus aside. I would also begin cooking the rice now, depending on what kind of rice you’re using. If using minute rice, wait to cook.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, and add to the skillet. Let this cook about 5 minutes or until it is just slightly pink in the middle. Once it has reached this stage, add the garlic, scallions, and the reserved marinade to the pan. Saute all ingredients until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. If you’re using minute rice, I would start it when you start the chicken.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sesame oil.
- Add to the rice and your yummy quick meal is ready to go!
You can always use a different vegetable as well if you don’t like asparagus. Or if you want to add to the asparagus. I’m adding mushrooms next time to mine. This recipe is easy and fun to change and play with. That’s why it’s so great. It’s so versatile!
Did you make it? If so, let me know what you think!