This is a quick, easy and most importantly delicious recipe for cilantro lime chicken.
I’m always looking for easy, healthy and yummy recipes. I love cooking, and my boyfriend and I try to always eat healthy during the week. I don’t want to make the same thing for dinner over and over again, but it’s not easy finding new and healthy recipes that taste good.
When I do find one, I love to share it in case someone else is having the same problem I am. This cilantro lime chicken recipe is really good. It has so much flavor and you can pair it with so many things. You can use it for a healthier take on tacos or make it as simple as possible with some yummy veggies.
Either way, this is a good recipe. Here’s how to make this quick and delicious cilantro lime chicken for your next dinner.
- Boneless Chicken, 3 breasts
- Limes, 3 or 4
- Garlic, 4 to 6 cloves
- Olive Oil
- Cayenne or Chili Powder
- Cilantro, 1/4 cup, snipped
- Avocado, optional but I highly recommend you use it. It just makes the meal that much better.
- Chop up the garlic (mince), chop up the cilantro, and zest 1 lime. Juice that lime along with two more. If you want, slice an extra lime to leave on the table along with the avocado.
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. You can leave them whole if you want, but if you’re in a hurry then I highly recommend cutting them.
- Pour a little bit of olive oil into a large pan or skillet and heat over medium high heat. Let it heat up until it’s almost smoking. At that point, add the chicken and just let it cook on one side, no stirring.
- Once the chicken has browned on one side, sprinkle it generously (and i mean generously!) with cumin and chili powder. Let it cook a little bit more until it’s about halfway cooked through on one side.
- Turn the chicken over and let it almost finish cooking on the other side. Turn the heat down to about medium low and toss in the garlic and lime zest. Let everything cook a little longer, but be sure to not burn the garlic.
- Once the chicken is all done and cooked through, add the lime juice. Use that to let it loosen all the yummy goodness on the bottom of the pan (a.k.a. deglazing).
- Remove the chicken from the heat and sprinkle it with cilantro. Enjoy!
Note that I emphasize the word generously when adding the spices. I didn’t last time and to me it was a little bland. What saved me was all the extra juice I had left from the pan. So try this easy recipe for cilantro lime chicken and add it to your list of yummy schtuff!!