Need some clean eating snack ideas? We have some for you here!
Snacking can be one of the hardest things to stay on track with when trying to eat healthy. There are so many yummy, yet so bad for you, foods surrounding you everywhere. Snacking doesn’t have to be a bad thing or something you should feel guilty about doing.
Here’s a list of some of the most popular clean eating snack ideas for you to try. No more feeling guilty about snacking! Just be sure to not over do it. Always remember, portion control and read labels!
- Apple and peanut butter (one of my favorites)
- Veggies and hummus
- Hard boiled eggs (sometimes I take the yolks out of mine and just eat the whites)
- Almonds (about a handful) and an apple
- Rice cakes with nut butter
- Clean granola (meaning watch out for the sugar and preservatives!)
- Greek yogurt with berries
- Organic popcorn (air popped with no butter and low salt)
- Banana with nut butter
- Clean trail mix (again watch for those sugars, salts and preservatives)
- Avocado on clean toast (wheat or gluten free is best. Watch for preservatives and sugars)
- Cottage cheese and fruit
- Nuts and raisins (be sure to read the label as dried fruit can have a lot of sugar in them to help with flavor)
- Hummus with a whole grain pita
- Homemade chips and guacamole (baked homemade chips are great. No frying!)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Celery and peanut butter
- Roasted chickpeas
- Cheese and clean crackers (whole wheat or gluten free, no preservatives)
- Dates and nut butter
- Assorted veggies with a small amount of clean ranch dressing (try one’s that are made with Greek yogurt)
All these clean eating snack ideas are great to get you over that hunger hump, but as I said before, always remember portion size and to read labels! You never know what hidden sugars or other mystery items hide in some foods or which foods pack a certain caloric punch. The safest route is to go organic.
Source: The Gracious Pantry