Want to know how to surprise your groom on the big wedding day? Check out these 7 awesome ideas we have for you!
I’m so lucky as my now fiance, has always surprised me. Including how he proposed to me! Since day one he’s been full of surprises and sweet ideas. I just want to repay him, so I found these 7 fun ways to surprise your groom on the big wedding day. All these ideas are so cute. I can’t wait to try them!
- Make an “I love you” journal. I just started this, and I can’t wait to give it to him when it’s full on our wedding day. I started a journal that has all the reasons why I love him. I’ve gone into detail about even the smallest things, like leaving me something to eat in my fridge when I got off work late before we lived together. We won’t be getting married for awhile, and we’ve been together 2 years now, so I’m excited to fill it up as much as I can! With someone as sweet as him, It’ll be so easy to fill. Also, it’ll let him know just how much I love and appreciate him when he gets it.
- On the big day, get your bridal party in on the fun. Have them send fun texts before the wedding like, “Wait till you see her,” or hold up little post its before you come down the aisle. He’ll probably not expect it.
- Engrave his wedding band. So my man just wants his promise ring to also be his wedding band. I wanted to get him something else, but he’s so happy with this one that I just agreed and decided to give him what he wants. However, I do want to get it engraved. Get it engraved with whatever you want! Your wedding date, or anything meaningful. I’m engraving his with something I’ve written in almost all the cards I’ve given him. (I won’t say it in case he reads this blog. Sorry!) Either way, it’s very meaningful and special. I’m sure it’ll surprise your groom.
- After your vows, plan a few private moments with him. Take a break from all the hustle and bustle of pictures and guests and crowds, and take some alone time. My fiance and I plan on getting married on the beach, so I want to plan something fun and intimate for us, even if it’s just a sunset walk on the beach. I’m sure your guests won’t mind you being gone for a bit.
- After the “I do’s,” be sure to include his favorite foods in cocktail hour and the dinner. Whenever you want it, it’ll make him feel included, acknowledged and special. Definitely a good way to surprise your groom.
- Have breakfast in bed with him the next morning after the wedding. The entire big day was about the two of you, so make it that way. With so many people to entertain, take a few minutes of alone time to be official husband and wife.
- Last but not least, take some boudoir pictures for him. I’m not too sure if I’ll do this (as I’m pretty shy) but I’ve known a lot of women to do this for their “husbands to be” and they have loved it. Give them to him on the honeymoon or even spread them out over time like for anniversaries. And if you’re not too comfortable doing this, just take some fun, cute pictures in his favorite team sports jersey or something similar to that. Either way I’m sure you’ll surprise your groom.
I love all these ways to surprise your groom! I hope you do too. You don’t have to do them all. I’m sure he’ll appreciate even just a few of these. No matter what, surprise him. He deserves it. I just hope he doesn’t read this blog or I’ll have to think of some new ideas lol!