Make your hair grow faster with these 8 foods.
Winter time is well on its way and will be here before you we know it. Many girls (including me), like to have long hair in the winter and have it short in the summer. I have incredibly thick hair which is why I like to have it different for the seasons.
Have you ever had those moments though when you cut your hair a little shorter than you like and just want the length back? Especially now that it’s going to start getting cold? Believe it or not, there are 8 foods to help make your hair grow faster. I know this may sound silly, but there have been studies on this to prove these foods help make your hair grow faster.
Another great thing about most of these foods that make your hair grow faster is they are pretty healthy. Check them out!
1. Eggs: We’ve all seen those pins about putting raw eggs in your hair to make it healthier and more shiny, but they also help make your hair grow faster. This is why I list them first. They are an excellent source of Omega-3s and contain Biotin. I know most of you have also heard of Biotin making your hair grow faster. And to me, eating eggs is better than taking a pill. Just a note though, you do need the yoke, not just the whites. Studies show eating too many egg whites can cause a block of absorption of Biotin, so be careful.
2. Avocados: As most of us know, avocados are high in essential fatty acids. Topically apply it to the hair and scalp to stimulate collagen and elastin production. Try mixing some avocado and sour cream together and apply it to the scalp. Leave it on for about 10 minutes and then wash it off. Don’t eat it lol!
3. Salmon: Salmon is just amazing all around. Not only to eat, but for your hair as well. It’s full of hair supporters such as Vitamin D, Omega-3 fatty acids, and protein. All of these help promote hair growth and a healthy scalp.
4. Almonds: Another great healthy food to eat and great for making your hair grow faster. They have a high Biotin content which we all know will help your hair grow faster. Add them to your diet and you should see results in about a month.
5. Oysters: Oysters contain a lot of Zinc which helps your hair grow faster and keeps your scalp healthy. Quick note: stay away from oysters that were caught in the Gulf of Mexico. They may contain high levels of Cadmium due to the BP oil spill in 2010. This is very unhealthy for you all around.
6. Yellow Peppers: Yellow peppers believe it or not have a lot of vitamin C. More than oranges! Vitamin C is great for healthy hair. It helps prevent breakage and strengthens the hair shaft. This is because it is a great antioxidant.
7. Sweet Potatoes: These are full of beta carotene which is great for making your hair grow faster. Beta carotene is full of vitamin A which also promotes a healthy scalp.
8. Sunflower Seeds: Last but not least, these seeds are full of Vitamin E. This enhances blood flow to the scalp which helps make your hair grow faster.
So next time you get impatient waiting for your hair to grow, try incorporating these 8 foods into your diet and help speed it up a bit.