There are ways to be happier in your home.
I know most people are happy in their home. I know I am. I’m very lucky and grateful to be in such a happy home with my boyfriend and dogs. But believe it or not, there are ways to be happier in your home. These are 10 little simple ways to make you feel just a little bit better about your home, your day and all in all be happier in your home.
Nobody is perfect, and not everyone has good days everyday. This list is just a good reminder to stay positive and be happy and grateful for everything you have.
I hope this list gives you great inspiration and reminds you to stay positive and happier in your home!
- This idea seems so simple, but make your bed everyday. It’s a simple way to help you feel accomplished. I know it makes me feel better because then I don’t feel so lazy lol! Whatever makes you feel better right?
- Bring all your rooms back to a nice clean start. I know we’ve mentioned in previous blogs that clutter and mess causes stress. Take about 5 minutes out of your day (preferably before work), to declutter any rooms you need to in your home. That way you feel better about yourself and know that you are coming home to a clean home at the end of your day. If you have kids, at least you know it was clean for a few minutes.
- Make your home a gallery full of memories. My boyfriend likes to make all his pictures digital, but we do like to print a few out of the two of us and place them around the house. Sentimental items around the house brings back the happy memories therefore making us feel happier in our home.
- Start a gratitude journal to make yourself happier in your home. At the end of the day, write down one happy memory from your day or best of all the happiest memory from your day. Reflection is a huge part of happiness and definitely makes for a more positive day and attitude. This will also make you more and more grateful each day.
- If you can’t get out of something you don’t want to do, then get into it. Nobody really likes to clean, but unfortunately it needs to be done. So why not get into it? What I like to do is blast some “pump it up,” music and get grooving while cleaning. It’s usually just myself and the dogs during the day so I jam out. This can be for anything you don’t want to do, not just for cleaning.
- Before you get up for the day, set an intent. Make sure it’s not a to do. Even if it’s as simple as tell a loved one you haven’t talked to in awhile you love them or give them a quick hello. Not only will this make you happy, but you’ll probably make someone elses day as well. Recently before I got out of bed, I said I was going to pay it forward to someone. After that, I bought a strangers coffee.
- Do small favors for the people you live with. Do favors with no intent behind it. Not even a thank you. This will make you and everyone else in the home feel happy and make you feel good about yourself.
- Call at least one loved one a day. Whether it’s friends or family, give someone a call. Even if you don’t want to or aren’t much for talking, studies show talking to a loved one can make you happier. Why not do it while cleaning or doing anything else you don’t want to do? Kill two birds with one stone.
- Try to spend money on things for the home. I’m talking about movies or even a new grill. Invite friends and family over to have a barbecue or movie night. Don’t forget to take pictures to capture the memories!
- Lastly to make you happier in your home, take a few minutes at the end of each day to connect with something greater than you. I don’t just mean religiously either. If you are religious, then try and connect with the spiritual being greater than you. If you’re not religious, connect with the universe and put some perspective into how large it is compared to how small we are. Don’t like either of those ideas? Then why not take a bubble bath, relax, read a book and have some wine. Feel happy now?
So many simple ways to make yourself a little bit happier in your home. Whether you need it or not, this is a great list to consider. It’s definitely a great way to make your life a little bit more positive.