Check out these top 10 healthy foods you should be eating everyday.
We’re one month into the new year, and hopefully your new years resolution to be healthier is still holding strong. If you need a little help, here’s a list of the top 10 healthy foods you should be eating everyday.
This list is great as all the foods on it are yummy! Here they are with explanations of why each is good for you.
- Green Tea: Green tea is a great healthy food source because it is full of antioxidants. It has cancer fighting properties and boosts your metabolism which we all know is great for losing weight.
- Chocolate: Dark chocolate of course is great for helping lower blood pressure and is also a mood booster. Lastly it helps lower LDL, the bad cholesterol.
- Oranges: Oranges as we all know are full of Vitamin C. They are also full of antioxidants, folic acid and cancer fighting compounds as well. Just be sure if you’re drinking it, use fresh squeezed oranges as store bought juice can contain a lot of sugar.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a good choice for healthy foods as it helps boost your immune system and aids in digestion. It can also help prevent nausea, diarrhea, constipation and bloating. Go for Greek yogurt to get a protein boost as well.
- Tomatoes: Who knew tomatoes were a great choice for healthy foods? When cooked, they help prevent cancer. They also protect you against lung, stomach, prostate and other cancers, and heart disease
- Eggs: You can never go wrong with eggs. We all know eggs are a great source of protein, but they are also high in Vitamin B12 and Vitamin A. Eggs help burn fat, prevent heart disease and build muscle.
- Walnuts: Walnuts are another good source of muscle building protein and help prevent heart disease.
- Apples: Apples are another great option for healthy foods in preventing heart disease.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is a great source of Antioxidants and helps increase your good cholesterol level. It also controls your bad cholesterol and helps prevent heart disease.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is my absolute favorite of these 10 healthy foods. Cinnamon is great for helping control blood sugar.
So be sure to try and eat some if not all of these great healthy foods everyday.