Another healthy chicken recipe coming your way!
Chicken is a lean meat that is easy to cook, with so many different ways to cook it. This chicken recipe calls for baking. It makes your house smell great and has so many great flavors. You can pair it with anything. I usually pair mine with fresh veggies and/or the famous cranberry and kale salad. Haven’t seen that recipe yet? Just click here! Lastly, pair it with brown rice or even quinoa to get some more protein!
This chicken recipe is so simple to put together, and takes about 30-40 minutes to cook. Give it a try!
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup of chicken broth
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used just 2 chicken breasts since it was only for 2 people)
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Two sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 lemon cut into 4 wedges
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; add the minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute, making sure not to burn the garlic. Add the chicken broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, and thyme leaves to the pan. Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Place the chicken in the baking dish along with the lemon wedges and the two sprigs of thyme.
- Place into the oven and bake, basting occasionally, for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. I check mine with a thermometer. It should read 180 degrees when done.
- Remove from the oven and let the meat rest about 5 minutes before slicing. Drizzle the pan sauce on top of the slices of chicken and serve. My boyfriend likes to have the pan near him to just dip his chicken pieces in it. Whatever works for you, just make sure you get all those yummy juices any way you can!
This is one of my favorite most flavorful chicken recipe by far. I hope you enjoy it just as much as I do!