With the new year around the corner, it’s time to motivate yourself to workout!
Many people have a new year’s resolution to workout more, lose weight and all in all just be a healthier you. A new year’s resolution is a great way to motivate yourself to workout, however, most resolutions fall by the wayside by March. So how are you going to stay motivated?
We have 5 great tips to motivate yourself to workout for the whole year, not just the beginning. Some days are harder than others to workout (like today for me). No more excuses! Check out these tips and motivate yourself to workout!
- To start, put on your cutest workout gear you have. Sometimes it’s as simple as that. Put on your best workout shoes and your cutest workout apparel and get going. This can make us feel good about ourselves, giving us more energy and motivation. Plus you feel weird sitting around your house in gear you’re supposed to exercising in.
- Don’t over think about working out. We all have those moments where our head is saying, “I should go to the gym, but I don’t want to.” Stop listening and just get up and do it. Don’t think about it and let your body carry you out the door and to the gym.
- Give yourself a very big goal that kind of freaks you out. When you do this, make it public as well so others can motivate you when you feel like slacking. Sign up for a 5k and tell your friends and family about it. That way you have the motivation of not backing out since you already signed up, and your friends and family can help push you as well.
- This next tip may sound like a contrast from the last one (#3), but it’s not at all! Set low expectations for yourself. Even on your worst days when you feel like you just can’t do it, tell yourself to go for at least 10 minutes. Majority of the time, once you get going, you want to go longer.
- The final way to motivate yourself to workout is reward yourself with something after you’re done. Just don’t use food! Reward yourself with a nice massage or maybe that new top you’ve been eyeing. It can even be as simple as a nice hot bath. Either way, you’ll have something to look forward to after you workout.
So like we’ve said before, no excuses! Get up and move it this new year, and motivate yourself to workout!
Featured Image Credit: stronginsideout.com