Happy New Year and New Year’s Resolutions everyone!
I know I’m a bit late, but a lot has already happened since the 1st. I was having having laptop issues, job issues and family and friends visiting from all around. I was also planning my own trips along the way.
Anyways, I hope you all came up with a few New Year’s resolutions. I know this is cliche, and most people are done with theirs by the summer, but I still wanted to share mine in hopes I can always come back and look at this and hold myself accountable. Also, if you haven’t decided to do any resolutions yourself, or have already given up, I hope this inspires you to change your mind and continue pushing forward in your own New Year’s resolutions.
On that note, here are my own that I have come up with to make my year a brighter, happier and more positive one.
- Be more aware of my attitude and energy. For most people that know me, I tend to have a bad temper. This year, I want to be more positive, focusing more on bettering myself and being less negative. This includes being around less negative energy as well. If someone upsets me, I’m going to try to not only get that bad energy away from me, but also not let that or my own negative energy consume. It’s a work in progress, but I hope to master it by the end of the year at the latest. Also, and most important, forgive more. Let go of anger faster. Not for anyone else’s sake, but mainly for my own. That’s probably one of my most important New Year’s resolutions of all.
- Read more. I’ve always loved reading. I still do. Last year I blogged about a reading challenge that I tried to take on as well as encouraging others to take on with me. Granted I did read a lot more than I have in the past, but I still was a bit disappointed in my outcome. I hope to read at least one book a month. To some this may sound too simple (believe me, it even sounds too simple to me), but I’m already not doing the best at it, which is why I started out simple. I’m hoping I can add to my goal gradually throughout the year.
- Be healthier. Ok ok, I know. This one is really cliche. But it’s true. The past couple of months I haven’t been doing as well as I could on the healthy track. My fiance and I both agree that we really started to let go at the end of the year. Well, that’s not going to happen anymore. We both want to eat more healthy, drink less and workout more. If this is your goal is it’s most people with the new year, I highly suggest you find a buddy or someone else to do it with you. Having my fiance on the same plan as myself helps a lot. We’re both able to hold each other accountable and work together to better each other. We’ve been working a lot on different recipes and meal plans to make throughout the week, which is fun and helpful. Being healthier also goes along the lines of sleeping better, taking less medicine, and being more aware of my bedtimes, vitamins and any other thing to slow me down. Believe me, it doesn’t always have to mean working out and eating healthy.
- Be more frugal. Again, another usual New Year’s resolution, but I found myself spending a bit too much last year. And I don’t just mean on material items, but going out a lot and on alcohol and things that drain someone so quickly. I just want to be more aware and responsible for our finances.
- My last one, is be less of a trash mouth. That about sums up that one. This may be the hardest of all.
That’s it for my 2016 New Year’s resolutions as for now. If I come up with more then great. But right now those are my main focus to make 2016 even better than last year, and make me a better me.
What are your New Year’s resolutions? I’d love to know! Let’s all help each other be better together!