It’s time to stock up on superfoods!
Searching for healthy foods at the grocery store can sometimes be overwhelming. Around every corner, processed foods are plenty. It’s no wonder that our society is facing an obesity epidemic.Nutritious food is available if you know what to look for (i.e. superfoods).
What is a superfood one might ask? Superfoods help maintain your weight, fight disease and help you live longer. These superfoods are available in your local supermarket and pretty much everywhere. Every Superfood is unprocessed food. You will not find potato chips on my list or as a superfood. I have a list of the top 8 superfoods you should be eating. Weekly I incorporate all of these superfoods in my meals. Here they are!
1. Almonds– They make the heart happy. They protect the body against free radicals which can attack healthy cells. I use freshly organic ground almonds which produce almond butter. Love it on my cut up apples.
2. Apples– Apples help lower cholesterol and promote bone health to keep your bones strong.
3. Asparagus– This helps in assisting the body in the removal of waste products.
4. Avocados– They are an excellent source of potassium, fiber and other vitamins.
5. Berries– A true nutritional powerhouse. Loaded with antioxidants, especially blueberries. I eat berries throughout the day as a snack.
6. Broccoli– Broccoli has as much calcium as a glass of milk and more vitamin C than an orange. Works for me!
7. Kale– Kale is an excellent source of calcium, iron and vitamins A, C and K. Don’t forget about our delicious kale salad in our previous blog. Check it out, you’ll love it too. Just click here!
8. Dark Chocolate– I sometimes have a sweet tooth, and dark chocolate is perfect to help take care of that. Not milk chocolate though. I wouldn’t suggest pigging out, but a few pieces a day isn’t too bad. It’s great for cardiovascular health and premature aging.
This list of 8 are some of my favorite superfoods, however there are plenty more superfoods out there. Awesome for your mind, body and spirit.