Margaritas are such a simple, great cocktail.
When dining out, many restaurants have a different take or style of margaritas. Either way you can find them anywhere.
Well we have a margarita recipe that has a little twist too. This is a Jalapeno margarita. I love this one because it has a bit of spice to it that just makes it so much more yummy. It gives the margarita a fun, different and cool flavor.
Try this recipe for your next party or get together, or just a nice cocktail with dinner at home. This recipe yields 2 margaritas and takes about 5 minutes to make. Here’s the recipe!
- Lime quarter for rim of glasses
- Salt and sugar evenly mixed for rim
- 4-6 slices fresh jalapeno
- 2 oz lime juice (I prefer fresh)
- 2 oz agave nectar
- 2 oz orange liqueur
- 4 oz tequila
- Take the quarter of lime and rub it around the rim of each margarita glass, then dip the rims of the glasses in the salt/sugar mixture
- Fill your glasses with ice
- Muddle your jalapeno slices with the lime juice using a muddler and a shaker. You can also use the back of a spoon.
- Add your agave nectar, orange liqueur and tequila to your muddled mixture.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake all your ingredients well.
- Lastly, divide your drink between two glasses and garnish. I like to garnish mine with a lime wheel and a slice of jalapeno. Enjoy!
You can make this drink as spicy or mild as you want. This is a great drink to keep in mind for Cinco De Mayo.
Another fun thing you can do with this drink is make your own jalapeno infused tequila. Just get a bottle of your favorite tequila and a few sliced jalapenos and add them together. Let them infuse a few days so they can take on the flavor. So cool! Just be aware it can make the tequila spicy.
To add one last twist, muddle some cucumber in as well. These make such great flavor combinations in the margarita.
Either way you make this, it’s delicious. Definitely worth trying.