Need more ideas for dinner? Here’s another yummy recipe that calls for Ramen noodles, chicken, and lots of veggies. It’s very easy to make, and it yields quite a bit. The longest part about it was cutting up the veggies and the chicken. By the way, I added extra vegetables too like mushrooms and garlic. Here’s the ingredients and how to put this yummy recipe together!
- ½ head green cabbage
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 small crown broccoli
- 2 inches fresh ginger
- 1 large chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 (3 oz.) packages ramen noodles
- seasoning packets discarded
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- (up to) 1 Tbsp sriracha hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Start off by chopping up your veggies and chicken for stir frying them. Peel the ginger and grate it with a cheese grater. Next, peel the carrots. Cut the cabbage into thin strips. (For this, I actually didn’t use the entire half of cabbage. It was just two of us eating so I cut it down a bit.) Chop the onion into thin strips as well (for this I only used half also.) Chop up the broccoli into bite size pieces, chop up the mushrooms and cut the chicken into strips. I used extra chicken.
- Once everything is chopped up start boiling your water for the noodles in a medium pot. Heat up the vegetable oil in a very large skillet on medium high heat(I actually used a big pot because of all the stuff!) Once the oil is hot, add the ginger and saute for about a minute. Make sure it doesn’t burn. Add the chicken and cook until there’s no more pink showing, about 5 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked through, add all the veggies. Stir them and cook until they start to wilt, about 5-10 minutes. Once the water starts boiling, add the noodles and cook until tender, about 2-3 minutes. Drain them and return them to the pot. Make sure the pot isn’t too hot or the noodles will stick to the bottom. Toss the noodles in the sesame oil to keep them from sticking.
- Combine the soy sauce, worcestershire, ketchup, sugar and sriracha in a bowl and stir until the ketchup and sugar are dissolved. Use less sriracha if you don’t want it too spicy, and obviously use more if you want it hotter! Pour the sauce into the skillet with all the veggies and chicken and continue to stir until everything is coated in the sauce. Finally, add in the noodles and stir until combined and everything is thoroughly heated. This will only take a few minutes.
After that, pour yourself a glass of wine, and enjoy!! Let me know what you think of this yummy recipe…