This chicken recipe is one of my family favorites. It’s very easy to make, and it’s delicious. Here is this simple yummy recipe for sherry and rosemary chicken that your family will love.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skinned
- Oil for browning (I use olive oil)
- 2 cups of flour, salt and pepper for coating in a paper bag. (I just use brown paper lunch bags)
- 1 cup cooking sherry
- 3 tablespoons of rosemary.
- Shake the chicken in a bag with the flour, salt and pepper. Just a couple of shakes of salt and pepper int eh bag filled with flour will do.
- Brown chicken breasts in oil in a frying pan with a lid. When brown on both sides, pour the cooking sherry over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the rosemary over the chicken, turn down the heat to low, and cover the pan. Let simmer until the chicken is cooked through and tender. This usually takes about 15 minutes.
- If you want or need to, use more cooking sherry.
Simple as that! And with the extra drippings, you can make a gravy. Just add a tablespoon of flour to the drippings and whisk. That’s it. Now you also have a delicious gravy to serve over your sherry and rosemary chicken.
It’s a great easy meal to feed to a large crowd as well. Everybody will think you were in the kitchen for hours. Enjoy!