I’m a huge fan of sangrias. That’s my drink of choice on date nights! This particular sangria recipe caught my attention as it has so many of my favorite ingredients. This is a strawberry basil sangria. It’s light, pretty and perfect for the upcoming hot weather. I love strawberries and basil, but I love the fact that this recipe calls for chardonnay which is my favorite wine. I know it sounds a little weird with the basil, but the flavors all mix well. It’s so good! Here’s the recipe.
- 1/2 pound fresh strawberries
- 1 apple
- 1 ounce fresh whole basil leaves
- 1 bottle of your choice of chardonnay
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1 cup club soda
- 1 cup white grape juice
- Thinly slice the strawberries and remove the hull.
- Dice the apple into very small pieces.
- Score the basil leaves with a fork to release the flavor. This is better than cutting it up so that your guests don’t swallow a bunch of pieces and only taste basil.
- Layer the fruit, basil and sugar in a large pitcher and let sit for 10 minutes. Doing this helps the sugar absorb more of the flavors from the fruit and basil.
- Add the club soda first, and then the rest of the liquids. Stir well and serve chilled.
Such an easy recipe and so good. Leave a response and let us know what you think of this interesting concoction.